Post-Filming Thoughts and Reflection

        Overall, I had a great time filming with my groupmates. Although I originally wanted to do a magazine since I have faith in my writing skills, I really felt like challenging myself and bringing in my much suppressed creative side. Filming went much smoother than I thought. To be honest, there were times where I felt like we were a bit disorganized, but talking to other groups was very helpful. It turns out that many other groups felt like they were racing against the clock as well. On top of this, my groupmate wasn't here for some of the spring break, and I thought we were going to fall massively behind. In reality, we had much more time to film than anticipated, and we got done filming quicker than I thought. The detailed storyboard and rigorous planning really helped guide us in the right direction, but we ultimately changed some things and did what we felt was right in order to serve the film justice. I did overlook some things that would have helped to make the film run smoother. Although I knew the props that we were going to use, I waited until the hours before filming to collect them all. I should have had the props ready days in advance so I wouldn't have to be rushing to get the materials. Second, having the soundtrack picked out before the editing process or at least an idea of what the music would be would have made editing a whole lot easier.
       We still aren't done, though. We need to edit the film and finalize it, cut it so that it fits our desired two-minute time frame, and receive feedback from peers on some possible last-minute changes. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday we will finish editing the film and record some foley in school. Below I will create a schedule on what needs to be finished so that we don't have to be rushing last minute.




Final Schedule

- film drone scene and car shots

- foley

-edit film

-add opening credits and title card

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready to Film

Fonts