Final Preparations and Shooting Schedule

     I am very excited, by the end of next week we should be able to start filming. In class, we will establish character roles(find actors), finish up the precise storyboard for our film, pick a house to film the first two scenes in, and choose an editing software that we can all use (right now the consensus is on Wevideo).
     Due to extracurricular activities, we couldn't meet up to properly begin filming. I did shoot a couple shots on my own that will not be used in the film but will be used as a time reference, and our shots seem to fit our time scale. I created a shooting schedule so that we are organized and focused when we meet up.
     This website stresses the importance of a shooting schedule and explains that it is necessary in order to create an easy-to-film, organized production. The website even offers an online shooting schedule template. After looking at a sample shooting schedule, I realized that mine may be a little basic as I should include specific shots in the schedule. I will be sure to do this with my groupmates during the week and take advantage of the free software.
     In terms of filming equipment, Logan and I are going to rent professional-grade cameras on Thursday to use in the filmmaking process. Logan also has studio lights that his aunt used for a recent project; we have two studio lights that look somewhat like this. We understand the importance of a three-point light setup to bring out the facial features which are important for conveying emotion and texture on a screen so we will have to use either a lamp or car lights in order to create the three-point effect. On Wednesday we will be playing around with the lighting setup to see what works best for us, this might take us a while so we want to resolve it before filming.
    Luckily, my father is a contractor and has allowed my crew to film in a vacant house that is done, but not up for sale yet in a neighborhood in Hollywood, Florida. The home is a "showhome" and is decked out with nice furniture, but has a "creepy" vibe since it's so empty. Also, there is no lighting installed which is perfect for developing a suspenseful atmosphere.


Shooting Schedule

Monday 3/25/19 - Scene 1 and 2 (filmed in a vacant house), editing
equipment needed - studio lights, cameras, drone, microphones, car

Tuesday 3/26/19 - Scene 3 and 4 (Markham Park), editing
equipment needed -Drone, GoPro Camera, Mountain Bikes, car, snacks(for us), backpack, helmet, kneepads, GoPro Mounts, fake dirt and mud

Thursday 3/28/19 - Scene 5 (Markham Park), editing
equipment needed -Drone, GoPro Camera, Mountain Bikes, car, snacks(for us), backpack, helmet, kneepads, GoPro Mounts, fake blood, fake dirt and mud

Friday 3/29/19 - Scene 6 (Markham Park, "Hobo's Hole") editing

Sat and Sun 3/29/19 - 3/30/19 - editing and post-production


I am very excited how fast this is moving, yet scared at the inevitable complications that will arise as we begin filming. However, I trust my group and know that we will be able to perservere and push through the bumps on the road. I can't wait to begin filming, I feel like this is an ultimate test of all the knowledge I learned throughout the year and expect nothing but utmost success.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready to Film

Post-Filming Thoughts and Reflection

Fonts