Group Meetings : 2

          This week in class I had another meeting with different groups. I always like having these exercises because of the fact that my peers usually provide detailed insight and feedback that will greatly contribute to my film. 
         This group meeting, though, was quite an eye-opener. It turns out that various groups had already begun filming, while some had already begun to edit and finalize their film openings. At first, I was somewhat nervous; had I been too late? Had my group thought too highly of themselves in thinking that we only needed a couple of days to film?. Thankfully, many of these concerns were addressed among my classmates. Many students had to begin filming due to travel issues during spring break as well as work issues. Furthermore, many of my peers mentioned that the filming process was not as daunting as they had thought.
        Many of the people I was talking to had recommended that I do various things. This was very comforting as I felt as if they were leading me on the right track and making the entire filming process easier for me. First, they recommended that I cut my film opening; they think 5-6 scenes are too long. My classmates told me that they made the same mistake and they ended up having to cut their film opening short. Second, they gave me some tips on how to make my audience aware of my main character's OCD, which was very helpful. In the post-it note scene, one groupmate recommended that we have the protagonist straighten it t further show his obsessive-compulsive tendencies. Another groupmate recommended that I shouldn't include the protagonist entirely and instead leave it to the rest of the film.
       We will most likely have to make some changes to our film outline and storyboard as it is certainly too long. We will most likely integrate scenes 3-5 and make it shorter since many students explained to me that their films only had three major scenes.
        Another topic that was discussed in my group meeting was about the essence of the film opening itself. In order to make sure that it doesn't end up looking like a movie trailer, my groupmates suggested that the trailer is in chronological order. This is good as my trailer was already in chronological order, but it's something to be aware of when filming.
       

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready to Film

Post-Filming Thoughts and Reflection

Fonts