Film Opening Ideas

        I've come up with some ideas regarding my film opening, and I thought I'd share them today in order to establish a baseline. I have decided to go ahead and stick to the horror genre. Not only do I find producing a film opening in this particular genre exciting and interesting, but I have also conducted the most research on this genre and feel most confident working in this area. I have studied many of the genre conventions in this category and am confident that I can put out a quality piece in this area. 
       I have scouted out a couple of potential filming locations as well. A very enticing location is at Markam Park in Broward County, Florida. I live quite near to the park, it is very accessible, and it hosts a set of mountain biking trails in a wooded area. I find this wooded area to be quite "spooky", the forests are thick, some areas are infested with moss, and the dense forest makes way for a dark and mysterious setting, facilitating changes that would need to be made in post-production. Given that the dark is usually associated with fear, I find this a perfect spot. Also, the dense shrubbery on the ground will allow my crew and I to include surprising and dramatic sounds, such as a tree branch breaking or leaves shaking. It would also not be too difficult to reproduce these noises in foley. Also, my team and I plan to use high-quality, professional filming equipment to capture the uniqueness and mystery of the location. I don't want to give away too much yet, as we are rather early in the filmmaking process and these things are subject to change, but I'll leave a picture of the potential location below. Feedback is much appreciated. 


Image result for markham park mountain bike trails

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Getting Ready to Film

Post-Filming Thoughts and Reflection

Fonts